Breakfast is by far the most delicious (and important) meal of the day, and we kind of love it! There are no better foods than breakfast foods. Bacon and Eggs. Waffles. Oatmeal. Cereal. The list goes on and on. However, if we had to pick our ONE go-to breakfast food, it would have to be pancakes. There’s nothing better than taking a bite from a warm batch of pancakes that have been drizzled in copious amounts of syrup (we’re drooling just thinking about it).
If you, or someone you know, is vegan, then you probably know the struggle of going out to breakfast with the squad, and not being able to indulge in some delicious pancakes. Well, vegan friends (and non-vegan friends that want to try something new), we have just the solution for you. This Vegan Pancake recipe will quench all of your pancake needs.
FLUFFY VEGAN PANCAKES (NO BANANA!), recipe from Feasting on Fruit.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour rolled oats ground in a blender
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until combined (be sure not to over blend).
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter into the pan and spread/smooth into a circle
- Cook for 2 – 3 minutes on one side, then flip to the other side and let cook for another 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from pan
- Repeat this until all of the batter is gone
- Top with fruit, hemp seeds, and maple syrup