Need some fuel at the gym, on your next hiking trip or just because you’re powering through the holiday season? “Souping is the new juicing,” to get you up, out…
What is the hardest part about being an adult? For some, it’s paying bills (seriously, they suck). Other people might find the responsibilities that come along with having a job to be the worst part, and we can’t say we blame them. If you ask us, the hardest part about being an adult is neither of those things, it’s cooking. There comes a point when you realize that while delicious, an In-N-Out only diet isn’t going to sustain you forever (let that sink in for a minute). You have to start incorporating vegetables, grains, fiber (whatever that is), and a whole lot of other things to your daily diet. As if that wasn’t enough, you have to take all of those ingredients and cook them in a way that tastes good. If you don’t have any go-to recipes or are simply looking to try something a little different, we’ve included a few of our favorite recipes down below. The best part? They only require 3 ingredients to make.
3 Ingredient Vegan Waffles, recipe from Laura & Wolffdene
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of plant based milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Place all three ingredients into a blender, and blend until all of the ingredients are mixed together
- Place the contents into a waffle iron, and cook according to your iron’s instructions
- The waffles are ready to serve. You can add additional toppings such as maple syrup, strawberries, or bananas
Lime Grilled Chicken Tacos, recipe from Closet Cooking
- 2 tablespoons of your choice of taco seasoning
- ¼ cup line juice
- 1 lb. of boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- Mix the taco seasoning and the lime juice, and season the chicken with the mixture.
- Let the chicken marinate in the mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken has marinated, grill over medium-high heat until cooked through (about 3 to 5 minutes per side).
- Take them out of the grill and let the chicken strips cool down before eating
Easy 3 Ingredient Chili, recipe from I Heart Naptime
- 1 lb. of cooked and drained ground beef
- 1 can of chili beans (undrained)
- 1 can of chili ready diced tomatoes
- Mix all the ground beef, chili beans, and tomatoes in a large pot
- Place the bowl in the stove. Bring it to a boil, and then simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Alternative: Mix the ground beef, chili beans, and tomatoes a crockpot and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours
- Enjoy! To add a little more flavor, you can top off the chili with sour cream and cheese
Baked Salmon With Pesto & Pecans, recipe from Manila Spoon
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons of pesto – you can use store made Pesto
- 4 tablespoons of crushed pecans
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lightly grease/oil a baking sheet, and place the salmon filets skin side down on the pan
- Cover each of the salmon fillets with one tablespoon of pesto, then sprinkle one tablespoon of crushed pecans over each fillet
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily when poked. Cooking time will vary depending on how thick the salmon filets are
- We like to accompany this with a side of brown rice and a salad.
3 Ingredient Black Bean Soup, recipe from Honey & Birch
- 2 15.5 ounce cans of black beans
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 14.5-15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- Combine the beans, chicken broth, and diced tomatoes in a medium-sized pot
- Place the pot on the stove and bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes
- Remove the pot from the stove, and pour the contents into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- You can top off your soup with additional ingredients such as sour cream, green onions, jalapeños, etc.