With the higher risks of pollutants that can be found in oily fish sources, fish proteins are becoming less reliable sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Loma Linda’s Fishless Tuna products give everyone access to low-cal, sustainable sources of protein with no cholesterol and no artificial preservatives. This plant-based protein can easily be eaten right out of the pouch if you’re feeling extra ravenous or used to elevate your typical packed lunches.
Loma Linda’s mission is to “create plant-based proteins with bold, inspiring flavors and beloved traditional recipes to help people live healthier, longer lives”, and their fishless tuna products are no exception. Their plant-based tuna varieties come in multiple flavors such as lemon pepper, sesame ginger, and Thai sweet chili flavors. Even the pickiest of eaters will be able to find the pack that’s right up their alley. Get ready for that coworker to peek into your cubicle and bug you about that meal that caught his or her eye.
After Dr. Oz named Fishless Tuna as one of his top 10 trendy foods to try in 2018, omnivores (and carnivores) everywhere have rejoiced and turned to this product as their main source of protein. Top your favorite crackers or salads for a meal you won’t feel guilty about, or assemble a colorful rice bowl with a rainbow of assorted veggies for a quick and delicious meal! Pro tip: add in jalapenos, mangoes, and pineapples for a Hawaiian variation, or edamame, mandarin oranges, and wonton crisps for an Asian-inspired dish. Get your own fishless tuna here.
Loma Linda Sesame Ginger Fishless Tuna Rice Bowl
- 2-3 packs of Loma Linda’s Sesame Ginger Fishless Tuna
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 small avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 cup of lettuce, cut into chunks
- pickled cucumber and carrots
- fresh coriander and parsley for garnish
- 1 tsp sesame seeds for garnish
- lemon juice
For Pickled Vegetables:
- 1 small cucumber, cut into slices
- 1 small carrot, julienned or shaved
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
Mix all ingredients except vegetables together and soak vegetables for at least an hour to pickle.
- To serve, place about 1 cup cooked rice at the bottom of each bowl, top with Loma Linda’s sesame ginger fishless tuna and spoon over the pickled vegetables on the side. Add lettuce and avocado chunks. Garnish with fresh coriander, lemon juice, and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.